Packing!

Get the best advice about your holiday in Hurghada, Sharm el Sheikh, Marsa Alam, El Gouna, Safaga and other parts of the Red Sea.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

Netyoda

Post by Netyoda » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:05 pm

Noo, you'll be met at the airport and won't need any money until you're in Musr

Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:18 pm

He is right Coz, apart from his accent on his spelling of Misr :)
And besides woman you could always break into the duty free's :lol:

Netyoda

Post by Netyoda » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:19 pm

I've double-checked this, the pronunciation is Musr (in Hurghada) those bloody carioans say Masr while it's your Luxor lot that say Misr - bad as bloody cockneys they are! Well most of em are cockneys ;)

Cozdragon

Post by Cozdragon » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:30 pm

Now i'm in no position to get into an argument about the way to pronounce it...i thought the place was called Egypt...what do I know? ;)

And Netyoda since i'm a good obedient person i won't change any money ok? I'll just bring it with me in english...I just assumed given the amount of lobster dinners i owe from lost bets i'd better have enough to start buying them straight away! ;)

Christine...good idea but the grey goose will need chilling. it's vodka to treat with respect. and i'm guessing a hip flask wouldn't go down too well on the flight ;)...esp since mine is metal and will make every detector go haywire.

Cx

Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:41 pm

@ Lee well im a cockney then, (Luxorian at heart hon) never seen it spelled that way before, but there you go, you live and learn LOL!

Coz, :lol: I can imagine you not getting through customs with ya hip flask hon, so maybe not, you will just have to buy a large drinkie in the airport then follow it up on the flight with another one or 3 ;)
And dont worry if you wobble about a bt when u get off the plane just blame it on the heat :)

Cozdragon

Post by Cozdragon » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:15 pm

LOL I get on at ten am..it's a little early to start...unless you are still on the night out ;). I tried drinking before and on a plane once...I didn't enjoy it much ...and it was only to scotland...

I'm thinking a couple of bottles of water will see me better. diet coke would irritate whichever poor buggers had to sit next to me. I have no intention of wobbling off the plane Christine...I've seen the impact of drinking on a hardened drinker when they got off a plane...and as fun as it was to watch and experience second hand...I'm not going there! ;)

I just know that someone's going to read this..and take great delight in reminding me if I don't resist the urge on the flight. :D
Cx

Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:24 pm

Cozdragon wrote:
I just know that someone's going to read this..and take great delight in reminding me if I don't resist the urge on the flight. :D
Cx
Ha ha wont wre all , no-one is saying you are a hardened drinker hon, just having a bit of fun with you ! 8)

Cozdragon

Post by Cozdragon » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:42 pm

Didn't think you were Christine....i'll freely admit that i'm a pretty hardened drinker when it comes to vodka! But i'm still not going to have a serious drink on the flight...once i've dumped the case and changed some money i'm going to have the odd one or two if a rather gorgeous man can be persuaded! Cx

Netyoda

Post by Netyoda » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:40 pm

You can take the (empty) hip flash in your hand luggage and then just fill it from the duty free grey goose - ask the stewardess for a glass of water and ice separate and you're sorted ;)

Cozdragon

Post by Cozdragon » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:23 pm

Netyoda wrote:You can take the (empty) hip flash in your hand luggage and then just fill it from the duty free grey goose - ask the stewardess for a glass of water and ice separate and you're sorted ;)

You are more cunning than the cunningist fox! But i'm not drinking..i intend to arrive in Musr sober..with two full bottles of grey goose! Cx

Netyoda

Post by Netyoda » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:36 pm

I'd definitely recommened not being sober when you land in Musr - it's not a place to be faced with a clear head!

Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:08 pm

I agree, ive been soberish when ive gotten off of flights but only in very recent years ;) 8)

Cozdragon

Post by Cozdragon » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:31 pm

LOL...Netyoda are you trying to get me drunk before I'm even off the plane??????????? Darlin' you should know by now that's just not possible. And lol soberish? You forget you both know your way round the airport...i'm probably going to spend the first week finding my way to arrivals.

Cx

Netyoda

Post by Netyoda » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:54 am

Lol like you say, you've not been to Hurghada airport.

When you get off the plan, ignore the cattle-rush for the customs, you need to get a visa from the bank. £11. there will be reps around who do it for you but I think they charge £13. It's easy enough at the bank.

The through customs and you're in the baggage hall - there's only one way to go from there and that's out - through a corridor filled with people yelling "taxi" at you.

Once out in the open air you'll be part of a milling crowd, but your host should have collected you by then and steered you to your waiting lomousine ;)

Cozdragon

Post by Cozdragon » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:44 pm

LOL. Ohhh a whole new set of things to worry about - I love it! ;) You do realise if I manage this I'm either going to holiday in cornwall for the rest of my life, or get the bug and be forever turning up?!

Cx

Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:40 am

No you will be fine, Hurghada is no worse than any other Egyptian airport and ive flown into a few, and a whole lot better than Cairo where not only do you have all of the hassle, you have no signs in the right place :roll: x

Cozdragon

Post by Cozdragon » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:52 pm

Deep breath then? I can do this...and knowing that there's a gorgeous man with a car waiting at the end will be one hell of a motivating factor!

And if all else fails, I've found two diazepam in the cupboard that are still in date...one for each way - perfect! ;)

Cx

Winged isis

Post by Winged isis » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:12 am

If you love to have plenty of reading matter, get an ebook reader.

Don't forget adaptors/chargers for any electrical items.

A spare padlock/label for your luggage.

I always take a large wedge-shaped rubber door-stop as extra security.

A re-fillable water bottle, maybe with a cover on a long strap.

A small pocket album with photos of your family, home, town, national sights, flora/fauna to share with locals as a good conversation starter. Egyptians love seeing your family.

If you like technology and want/need to keep in contact with home, a 10" notebppk computer for emails and Skype calls.

Netyoda

Post by Netyoda » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:30 am

Great advice Isis,

for Cozzer though she should be ok for the following:

Adaptors : I have an apartment full
Rubber door stop - Iam I really that bad?
Laptop - one being supplied here ;)

Saves on luggage space so she can bring me more stuff :D

Cozdragon

Post by Cozdragon » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:06 pm

Hi Isis.

Thanks for the advice. I'd not really thought about the some of that. I've barely got padlocks, so a spare one had really not crossed my mind!

As Netyoda said I've got some of that being kindly supplied for me by him. Althoughi f my clothes arrive covered in HP Sauce he may need the door stop to keep me locked in a room away from him until they all come back from the laundry.

And Net yoda
Netyoda wrote:Rubber door stop - Iam I really that bad?
Do I need to remind you of the first words uttered the night we met in real life for the first time????? I think you know the answer to THAT question! ;)

Cx