Restlessness??

Get the best advice about your holiday in Hurghada, Sharm el Sheikh, Marsa Alam, El Gouna, Safaga and other parts of the Red Sea.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

Annadongela

Restlessness??

Post by Annadongela » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:33 pm

I have asked the same question here as on the blue side as I know different people read the forums.

My family and I are off to Sharm next week. There are many reports of 'restlessness' and even lawlessness in Luxor - is the situation or even atmosphere similar in Sharm right now?

Also, we were planning a trip a Cairo - having just read another post about further riots I'm having second thoughts. For those of you in and around the area, what do you think? Is this a reasonably rare occurence? Should we be safe enough with a visit to the Pyramids and museum?

This is my kids first experience of Egypt and I don't want it to be a bad one - one day I would like them to come to love Luxor as much as I do but if they are put off on their first visit, i may never get them there!.

Sharm4me

Post by Sharm4me » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:41 pm

No problems in Sharm at all and never has been since the start of troubles. Can't say about Cairo but I'm sure you'll be very well protected. Don't worry you'll be fine. Have a lovely time and spread the word when you go home, we need tourists to return....
I'm not afraid of tomorrow cos I've seen yesterday

Netyoda

Post by Netyoda » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:08 pm

Cairo: avoid Tahrir square ona Friday and you should be ok
Hurghada: no problems.

LC

Winged isis

Post by Winged isis » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:59 am

Can second that re Hurghada, albeit 3rd-hand news from Egyptian friends via my Egyptian husband in Luxor. Clear as mud? :grin:

Netyoda

Post by Netyoda » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:15 am

clear as a desert sandstorm ;)