Sharm

Get the best advice about your holiday in Hurghada, Sharm el Sheikh, Marsa Alam, El Gouna, Safaga and other parts of the Red Sea.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

Karenh
Top Member
Top Member

Sharm

Post by Karenh »

Hi I have just booked a holiday for later this year back to Sharm and was wondering if any of the forum members could give me any idea how much it is to do a trip to Cairo from there as we have friends coming with us and they hope to see the pyramids as do I. Although hubbie and I have been many times to egypt still not been to Cairo. Im trying to convince them that an overnight stay there would be better but it may end up a day trip!

A day without laughter is a day wasted! :lol: ;)

Nilegoddess

Post by Nilegoddess »

I remember seeing two prices one if you do it by air, the other by coach trip overnighter so a lonnngggg day. Expect to pay around £150 for the Cairo experience - price all dependant on whether you fly or take the coach, dont forget bus can take 5-7hrs each way, flying about an hr.

If there is more than 2 of you I would suggest to your friend she done what I did book ASAP a return internal flight to Cairo using egyptair.com may cost £30 o/w if she chooses the right day and time flight (but warning the nearer you leave it to the date then the more expensive it is). Arrange with a travel company a taxi who will stay with you for the day and take and wait for you whilst you do the Pyramids, Museum, Khan El Khalli and sights, may cost £20-£30 for the day, he would pick you up and take you back to the airport/coach depot. Entrants fees vary £4-£6 depending on site.

If you take the bus and arrange the same with a driver then epect to pay arounf $7-£8 each one way on the bus, but it is a long journey !
Last edited by Nilegoddess on Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Karenh
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Karenh »

Thanks for that I hope to try to sort something out this weekend If we booked flights on egypt air have you any idea what would be the best time as there are 2 flights one very early the other that seems to land around 9am

Queenie

Post by Queenie »

Hi if you are still interested pm me for more details but can organise Cairo for you for £48 by land or £125 by plane. Both include pick up and drop back to hotel, entrance to museum and pyramids, shopping, lunch on Nile etc.
By land leave at 1.30am and plane pick up is 04.30 on a Monday and Thursday.
Also can arrange quads, boat trips, eve in dessert with meal etc. Eg quads £15 single £20 double for 3 and half hour trip.

Nilegoddess

Post by Nilegoddess »

If you go on egyptair.com prices flight prices can vary a lot on day/time of flight and how far in advance you book, at short notice its difficult to get a cheap flight its all about planning in advance. I got my flight from Sharm to Cairo for just £28 one way BUT I booked 3 months in advance. Just bear in mind the airport is outside Cairo and it can take an hr to get downtown or to places of interest.....if you going it alone for the first time its best to take a package deal or at least arrange a driver to meet you at the airport and stay with you most of the day to see the sights before taking you back to the airport. Superjet bus is cheap but its a long jourmey 6-7hrs approx to Cairo.

I dont like package day trip myself, your hearded around like cattle and cannot spend as much time as you want where you want, at each place.

Karenh
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Karenh »

Thanks I must admit it would be great if we could do it as a private tour as there will be 4 of us ~ we have been llucky in the past using local firms and been the only ones on the trip ~ Ill keep my finger crossed ~ I just wish it was next week not October!