Sharm in May

Get the best advice about your holiday in Hurghada, Sharm el Sheikh, Marsa Alam, El Gouna, Safaga and other parts of the Red Sea.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

Karenh
Top Member
Top Member

Sharm in May

Post by Karenh »

Ive ben trying to book a weeks break in Hurhgada or Sharm at relitavely reasonable prices as they seem to have gone up quite a bit and finally I managed ~ Im goin to Sharm on 14th May ~ cant wait
6 weeks to go and counting!!! :)

A day without laughter is a day wasted! :lol: ;)

Queenie

Post by Queenie »

Have a great time. Where are you staying. Im back a week Saturday and cant wait.

Karenh
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Karenh »

Im staying at the Dreams Resort on el cid hill ~ cant wait I just hope the next 5 weeks fly past and then the week from 14th time needs to stand still but it never does!! :lol:
Its been a while since Ive been in Sharm and have been told that there are new shops etc in that area whereas when I 1st went apart from a little supermarket beside the Amar Sinai there was nothing only hotels and the buidling sites!
I am just wondering how much taxi would be from the hotel into old Sharm now and the exchange rate out there.

Sharm4me

Post by Sharm4me »

Taxi's will cost you about 10-15le into Old Sharm. The exchange rate here was 8.2le to the pound but it fluctuates daily, still better than the rate you'd get in UK. There are a lot of changes, the area you're going to is pretty much finished there's a good shopping area called IL Mercato near to you as well, you should enjoy that there's nice shops and a few restaurants including Mcdonalds, pizza hut, KFC of course!!

Hope you have a fab time and the weathers really good too....
I'm not afraid of tomorrow cos I've seen yesterday

Karenh
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Karenh »

Thanks Sharm4me for the infor. Can you tell me directions to Il Mercato from Dreams Beach and is it walkable as my other half wants to go insearch of ciggarettes and I presume that we could get them in the new shopping centre. Its also a good excuse to get some excersise! When we come back for 2 weeks in October we are going to do the Cairo trip so Ill be doiing some reaserch when I get out as to comapnies etc. Ihave a couple of good names but as this was a lst minute holiday may as well take the time to check it out. Our friends who came to Egypt for the 1st time last year to Luxor cant wait to get back but they wanted to try Sharm this year hence the Octoebr 2 weeks but as they loved it so much they have now surprised us with booking the same week as us in May! :)

Sharm4me

Post by Sharm4me »

I think it's about a mile away from Dreams Beach Resort (I only ever drive down that road so I can't say for certain the exact distance!) come out of the resort and turn left and keep walking straight you can't miss it, there a few shops along the way as well. Quite close to Il Mercato is 1001 nights (Alf Leila Wa Leila) that's worth a visit in the evening (entry is about 20le each) there are Oriental shows which start at about 10pm, there's also a sound and light show there as well, the English show is Saturday nights I believe.

Have a fantastic holiday...anything else you want to know don't hesitate to ask
I'm not afraid of tomorrow cos I've seen yesterday

Karenh
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Karenh »

Thanks ~ we have ben to Fantasia several times as our friends Uncle is the manager there ~ we always get excellent service. The show is also very good.
Thanks for the info I will have a wander when we get there! :)