To anyone worried about travelling to Egypt

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

Nilegoddess

To anyone worried about travelling to Egypt

Post by Nilegoddess »

Just wanted to say on the forum to all those who maybe worried about travelling to Egypt after that last weeks's bomb incident in Khan el Khalli . Well I have just returned from Egypt and was up in that area 3 days after the incident, the security is a little tighter and the tourist police have a barier for you to walk through and are checking tourists and locals bags as you enter the area - other than that business as normal. To look at the place it seems like nothing had happened, I could see no damage in the area and tourists flocking for their final souveniors.

I always think that after such an incident that security is tightened and your probably more safer just after such an event. I felt myself safe whilst walking around this area and have done for 17 years. Dont let such a small incident put you off from coming to this exciting land.

Happy shopping !

Horus
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Horus »

Good point NG, :) I agree with everything you say
Susu

Post by Susu »

We were there for the Dahab bombings and the Sharm bombings....
I was also in London for the London bus bombings!!
My point is.... wherever you are, you're as safe or as in danger as you are anywhere else...
We're coming for 6 weeks in May.... to Hurghada and Dahab.... a few evel people won't put us off!!!
Karenh
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Karenh »

I agree with Susu and Nile Godess ~ it dosnt matter where in the world you are now it can happen ~ Dont let it put you off going to Egypt as you do feel very safe due to the security ~ some may feel it intrusive but others dont so take it that it is a way of life.
A day without laughter is a day wasted! :lol: ;)
Nilegoddess

Post by Nilegoddess »

To those sad individuals carry out such incidents to disrupt life, tourism and peoples lives.....well all I can say is that they have lost. Im still travelling !

Feel safer in Egypt then I do back in the UK.