Moderators On This Topic

Find a selection of household tips and recipes for Egyptian Foods.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Hurghada Lady »

Noooooo, he has to cook for me, but he worries about the dogs more anyway :roll: . It's too late to say don't get paranoid, after the shock with Jack. If I could just find a diet I would be happy and stop worrying. You know me well enough Pat don't like children but my dogs are the world to me and Mr HL :)

Goddess

Post by Goddess »

My pair won't touch the Purina unless they're dying of hunger. Normally the bowl will sit there for a good few days as we try to stare each other down before giving in and giving them something else. They'll normally only have a few at night as a snack after they've had their main meal.
(Main meal - God what do I sound like??)
Seriously though, Sausage has eaten what we eat since a pup - so best get started now, HL before they get stuck in a rut!
When Mr G cooks, he cooks extra and the dogs just share in that (he has been known to garnish their dishes, and to have everything set separately not stirred into mush - else they won't go near it!)
But they eat salad, and fruit, lots of raw veggies - so whenever we're chopping up carrots, celery or broccoli they get the stalks all in a pretty dice and they love it.

On the days they don't eat what we do - they either have the pedigree sachets, corned beef, eggs, chicken livers, cow livers or diced luncheon meat. But only smallish bowls of the stuff. We bulk it out with either rice or pasta or left over potatoes or veg.

I know my pair are a little bit littler than yours - but maybe you could try something similar?
Woo Hoo!!!!! I've got a signature!
Horus
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Horus »

I agree with the others HL just feed your dogs normally :) they are after all omnivors and will eat just about anything. Stay clear of pork and too many potatoes and they will be fine :) All of our dogs have always had the same sort of vegetables and whatever is going that we eat, so it may be vegetables with say some lamb casserole mixed in with it, or another day it may be Chillie Con Carne if theres some left, we even had one that loved a hot curry. :lol: Then just suppliment their food with whatever they like to eat from either a dried or tinned source. :D