Why Hurghada?

What is it like to live by the Red Sea? Share your experiences of Hurghada, Sharm el Sheikh, Marsa Alam, El Gouna, Safaga and other parts of the Red Sea.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

Chocolatey

Why Hurghada?

Post by Chocolatey » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:01 pm

Out of all the places in the world to live - why did you choose Hurghada?

Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Hurghada Lady » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:06 pm

I lived in Luxor for 4 years, came down to Hurghada for a few days holiday and decided there was more to do, the weather was not as hot as Luxor with the sea breeze and the shopping was better!

Chocolatey

Post by Chocolatey » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:07 pm

so the shopping convinced you - be fair !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Hurghada Lady » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:21 pm

Well that was the main reason yes LOL! I do love shopping of any kind.

Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Hurghada Lady » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:37 pm

One of my Dalmatian Dogs chewed my mule up on Sunday, I was so upset. My husband said maybe I can fix it!!!!!!!!! There was no leather on the heel and the sides were teeth marks all the way down to the front, how on earth he thought he was going to repair it I don't know.

I went to the shop in Esplanada Mall where I bought them from, the door was locked with a big chain, we knocked the window and the man came out of the back. I stood there with my chewed up shoe in my hand and said my dog had done it. He let us in, but the shoes I wanted he only had black and brown, no cream left. I did find another pair of cream, but the black and brown were half price so I had all 3 pairs!

So thanks to Jack my Dalmatian, the Devil from Dahar as all my friends call him, now I have 3 new pairs!

Chocolatey

Post by Chocolatey » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:40 pm

so thats a total of how many pairs of shoes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Hurghada Lady » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:05 pm

29,000,000,000, and 3 !!!!!!

Spike

Post by Spike » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:59 am

and you still stick to the one pair?

Maybe jack could get started on the other 29,000,000,000 and 2

Nabil40

Post by Nabil40 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:41 pm

actually i did not choose Hurghada, it was my company that choosed for me , but i have always liked Hurghada more than anywhere else . a really nice city to live in.

xxx

New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal » Wed May 06, 2009 9:22 pm

Hi all,

I have visited Hurghada on more than one occasion and found it to be a really lovely place. I have done quite a bit of travelling and this was by far one of the friendliest and most chilled out places I have been to. Although, since I have come back to the UK approx 1 month back and joined some forums to help with my move out there, people keep saying not to trust Egyptians etc.

I can honestly say that I have my head screwed on and trust no-one ever but I didnt have one bad experience when I was out there and most nights it felt safer walking down the road in Hurghada than it does in the UK!

What do other people feel?

Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Hurghada Lady » Wed May 06, 2009 10:57 pm

I have never been ripped off by an Egyptian in all the years I have lived here, but I have been ripped off by a few English people, sad state of affairs when you can't trust your own :roll:

You can always tell which Egyptians to stay away from just look for the signs they are easy to spot, you wouldn't let an English man get away with their type of behaviour so why let a man of any nationality get away with it. There will always be someone that will try from every country not just Egypt.

If your head is screwed on you will be fine New Gal, don't worry.

New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal » Thu May 07, 2009 9:59 am

Hurghada Lady wrote:I have never been ripped off by an Egyptian in all the years I have lived here, but I have been ripped off by a few English people, sad state of affairs when you can't trust your own :roll:

You can always tell which Egyptians to stay away from just look for the signs they are easy to spot, you wouldn't let an English man get away with their type of behaviour so why let a man of any nationality get away with it. There will always be someone that will try from every country not just Egypt.

If your head is screwed on you will be fine New Gal, don't worry.
Thank you Hurghada Lady, there seems to be a lot of negativity around which sometimes borders on sounding quite racist. I mean, if you don’t like Egyptians, you shouldn’t really be living in Egypt lol!!!! Its like you say, if you don’t take any nonsense generally, why would you take it from an Egyptian? I know that some people may have had bad experiences but its unfair to push that negativity a newbies way, especially since, like yo uhave said, we tend to trust our own.

Wellheld

Post by Wellheld » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:22 pm

I came to Hurghada simply because I was offered free accomodation here, I'd been on a 2 week hol with the owner of the apt I am living in, as a friend, just to help him take ownership of the apt, and he said I could live here if I wanted (except when he's here and using it), what a good friend!!!!! That was last Sept, and I intend to stay, who wants to be in England now
It's great here, so laid back, and the sea, well it's just fantastic.

Jacuzzijo

Post by Jacuzzijo » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:11 pm

New Gal wrote:Hi all,

I have visited Hurghada on more than one occasion and found it to be a really lovely place. I have done quite a bit of travelling and this was by far one of the friendliest and most chilled out places I have been to. Although, since I have come back to the UK approx 1 month back and joined some forums to help with my move out there, people keep saying not to trust Egyptians etc.

I can honestly say that I have my head screwed on and trust no-one ever but I didnt have one bad experience when I was out there and most nights it felt safer walking down the road in Hurghada than it does in the UK!

What do other people feel?
Hi - I am so happy to have found this site! I am in the process of buying a flat in Hurghada (coming back out next week to finalise things) and once I had made my mind up and came home I too joined some forums which (almost) made me question if the sun had gone to my head!!
I really am certain that I am doing the right thing as I have had nothing but great experiences in Egypt which I have visited on numerous occasions. Until this year I hadn't been back to Hurghada for 6 years and I was a little worried that the development that had taken place would put me off - it didn't! Although I haven't chosen to buy on a development or even in Sekalla - I'm Dahar bound as I felt so comfortable there.
Really hoping to hear from some happy Hurghada dwellers.
When I have got over my excitement of finding this forum I will probably think of tons of questions. Hoping you're not all at the beach!
Jo

Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:07 pm

Hi Jacuzzijo Welcome to the Forums.
Dahar, good choice, its my home from home when im in Hurghada, and Netyoda, lives there.
Where were you thinking of buying and what areas of Dahar do you know best, i know im nosey! :) ;)

Jacuzzijo

Post by Jacuzzijo » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:28 pm

Hi Christine - thanks for the welcome. Its lovely to hear from someone who knows (and likes) the area! The apartment is close to the Cinderella Hotel - I guess midway between Guisam and the public beach - Sawaky I think! I also stayed near there when I was over last. I'm not sure that I qualify as knowing any area best :oops: I just felt that it was an area that I too could start to feel was a home from home. Roll on next week :D

Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:55 pm

Im bloody green with envy i know guisum really well and Lee (Netyoda ) lives opposite, literally over the road, soooo so jealous, let us know how you settle ;)
Oooh check out this forum, can't remember the topic title but its tips and hints and useful info for anyone moving to Hurghada, its very usefull :)

Jacuzzijo

Post by Jacuzzijo » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:14 pm

Am eagerly reading through the site but being a novice probably missing loads. Have never used a forum before but its really encouraging to hear from you. Nice to know that someone using the forum is going to be (nearly) a neighbour! Did you say you had a place in Dahar? Whereabouts? Now who's being nosy ;)
Unfortunately I will be backwards and forwards as I still have to earn a living - but long term I hope to spend more time there than here. Just something about the place that I can't quite put my finger on!
I have so many questions!! Practicalities mostly - like next week when I come out there I have to bring my laptop and work some of the time :( so I need to get connected to the internet etc.....any suggestions? Perhaps Lee (netyada is it?) would be able to point me in the right direction. Anyway sure it will all sort itself out. At least this forum is full of encouragement which is soooo 8) Jo

Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:50 pm

Hey Jo Netyoda is ya boy for internet and no i dont ahve a place of my own i stay at guisum or with Netyoda, poor man :lol:

Netyoda

Post by Netyoda » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:53 pm

Hi Jo,

This forum was my main reason for choosing Hurghada.

I'd decided to split from the UK again but was intending to head to Sharm (typical Brit).

The tone of the posts on here suggested that HRG would be cheaper and more real for me so I came out in December to do a scouting trip.

Within a week I'd secured an apartment and half-furnished it!

I now live here and love the place tremendously. It's frustrating getting anything official done but the pace of life is great.

Any Q's you have fire away and I'll do my best to answer... there have been trials and I've come through them all so far ;)

Lee