Why Hurghada?

What is it like to live by the Red Sea? Share your experiences of Hurghada, Sharm el Sheikh, Marsa Alam, El Gouna, Safaga and other parts of the Red Sea.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

Jacuzzijo

Post by Jacuzzijo »

Well good for you Lee sounds like you made the right choice and nice to make your aquaintance :)
Many thanks also to Christine my first cyber friend!!

The person I am buying from is very helpful face to face but his written English is challenging to say the least, although he is happy to practice his English with me!

My first challenge will be to equip myself with internet connection I suspect via a dongle! Any suggestions? Its just that I will be out there for 11 days and have committed to keep up with my workload via a terminal server so I just need to make sure I have a connection.

As to the flat - so long as I have somewhere to lay my head I'm sure that will be fine. 8 days to go and counting!!:D

Netyoda

Post by Netyoda »

Well you can either get yourself a 3G dongle, which is fine as long as you're not shuffling large blocks of information, or just go and sit in an internet cafe with wireless access (or stay in a hotel with free wifi).

The dongles range from daily PAYG to "unlimited" monthly dongles - but even these are bandwidth restricted after a certain usage level. The top level ones are about 150 LE a month.

I personally have a cable running across 3 streets to the internet cafe ;)

Where will you be staying?

Jacuzzijo

Dongles

Post by Jacuzzijo »

lol - cable across the road sounds like the way to go. :) Hopefully I will be staying in the apartment I am buying (which sounds like it may be close to wherever you are) near the Cinderella.
I don't believe there is much data transfer involved as I will be just using the connection to log on to a terminal server back home. Some wi-fi spots block TS connections like the hotels and airports here. Dare say I will find out when I get there. Note to self - be patient!! Just can't help myself soooo excited :sd:

Netyoda

Post by Netyoda »

Yes you're right next to me if you're by Cindrella and the Internet Caf linnk is definitely an option for you at 50 LE/month plus 200 LE for the cable to be installed.

Cindrella and Geisum both have unsecured wifi networks and Julie's Cafe has a good wifi for free if you go and drink there.

Lee

Jacuzzijo

Post by Jacuzzijo »

Thanks Lee that all sounds pretty straightforward. Hopefully there won't be too much work to do as I want to spend some time exploring too! I do know a couple of people in Hurghada but it would be great to meet up for a drink seeing as we're to be neighbours :D