Weather

What is it like to live by the Red Sea? Share your experiences of Hurghada, Sharm el Sheikh, Marsa Alam, El Gouna, Safaga and other parts of the Red Sea.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy, Horus

Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Weather

Post by Hurghada Lady » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:30 pm

Last night was the first night I didn't have the air con on, today I have long sleeves on, suddenly gone quite chilly. Yesterday day I was fine but think now winter is setting in. Anyone else noticed it's suddenly chilly?

Sharm4me

Post by Sharm4me » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:12 pm

It's not here in Sharm the weather's perfect a bit windy but certainly not chilly at all and the evenings are just right no need for a cardi yet. I haven't had to have the air con on for the past few days. Got the windows open and a nice breeze coming in
I'm not afraid of tomorrow cos I've seen yesterday

Goddess

Post by Goddess » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:22 pm

I've got my jogging bottoms on and am considering resurrecting my slippers from the depths of the wardrobe.
Woo Hoo!!!!! I've got a signature!

P666ats

Post by P666ats » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:25 pm

I am sweating like mad still don't know if it's the weather or an age thing but i would love to be cold just for a little while. :?

Goddess

Post by Goddess » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:07 pm

P666ats wrote:I am sweating like mad still don't know if it's the weather or an age thing but i would love to be cold just for a little while. :?
Come up to Alex then, it looks like it's about to tip it down again!

I'm going to send all my carpets out to be cleaned in the next week or so - I have a feeling I'll be needing to put them down again soon and there's all sorts of muck on them from last year. Can't be bothered to clean them myself this time - just too darned heavy!
Egyptian flats have a nasty habit of being sweltering in the summer and freezing in the winter.
Woo Hoo!!!!! I've got a signature!

Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Hurghada Lady » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:21 am

Goddess wrote:
P666ats wrote:I am sweating like mad still don't know if it's the weather or an age thing but i would love to be cold just for a little while. :?
Come up to Alex then, it looks like it's about to tip it down again!

I'm going to send all my carpets out to be cleaned in the next week or so - I have a feeling I'll be needing to put them down again soon and there's all sorts of muck on them from last year. Can't be bothered to clean them myself this time - just too darned heavy!
Egyptian flats have a nasty habit of being sweltering in the summer and freezing in the winter.
I know Goddess, but I am sure it was supposed to be the other way around :lol:

Semsema

Post by Semsema » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:38 am

A definite nip in the air first thing in the morning when I take the dog out for his pee.

I think it is bliss. Down side - I got my first mozzie bit last night.
A day without Sunshine is like a night without Stars.

Mairsy

Post by Mairsy » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:06 pm

It's such a relief to see the change in the temperature. Its hard to believe that when I was here in January on holiday I was lying on the beach in a bikini, now I think that 24 degrees is cold. Amazing how your body adjusts in just 5 months.

Wellheld

Post by Wellheld » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:02 pm

Are we living in the same town, Hurghada,I've not had the a/c on since the 1st week in october and the quilt went on in the 2nd week. Windows are open , with the fly screen of course, but did have to close them one night 'cos I was cold. It's ok in the sun of course, but out of it, in the breeze, it is definately chilly and cardi/jacket time. Thank goodness for pashminas. Didn't bring many warm clothes, am dreading December before I go back to uk and can bring warm stuff out here

Lisak

Post by Lisak » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:07 pm

Well whatever you lot are maoning about it isn't as blooming cold as old blighty was today. We had snow, and not just a little gentle dusting, we had about 3 inches.
Wealth comes like a turtle and goes away like a gazelle. (Arabic proverb)

Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Hurghada Lady » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:13 pm

Lisak wrote:Well whatever you lot are maoning about it isn't as blooming cold as old blighty was today. We had snow, and not just a little gentle dusting, we had about 3 inches.
OMG I want to come back for a week, is it sticking??

Karenh
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Karenh » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:16 pm

I agree Lisak Oh to have a bit of the egyptian weather ~ we had hailstones all day yesterday and overnight ~ infact so heavey that they woke me up and today in Rhyl it reached the high of 5 degrees at lunchtime! :(
Even went swimming after work to find that they had cleaned the pool today and it was freezing as it take a day to heat up again ~ It was one length then straight into the sauna!
A day without laughter is a day wasted! :lol: ;)