Travel

The place for all those subjects that are of interest to women but might embarrass men.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Travel

Post by New Gal »

Found a website today that I think is a brilliant idea. Its where women register for female travelling companions.

Think its great, your friends obviously don’t have the same schedules as you nor the same destinations in mind and this way, you can create a profile, specify your travel goals, what you would like to do there and meet like minded ladies that you can fulfil all your travel ambitions with.

Seems a good idea in theory to me, as it’s a new person you can get to know them, they wont bug you as friends seem to do on your hols and you can be more upfront and say that you like your space as well at times and they wont get offended (will they?!)

What do we all think???

Dignity comes not from control, but from understanding who you are and taking your rightful place in the world.

Susue

Post by Susue »

New Gal... this is a great idea!!

On one bus trip from Cairo to Hurghada I had one Egyptian lady asking me if she could sit beside me on the bus as she didn't want to have a man sitting beside her....
She was a very large lady... so it wasn't the most comfortable journey.... but we became great friends on that journey.. she shared her huge amounts of food with me... and we had great conversations!!
We became great friends on thet journey... she invited me to her house many times... and we're still in touch!!

If it wasn't for a lady not wanting to travel alone, I'd never have met my friend Zainab and her wonderful family!!

New Gal... do you want to post the link to the website?

New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

Well, it is a great idea in theory, just been on and created a profile, to access any forums or profiles, you need to pay per month :(

And I am already not able to stop shopping, you would think the imminent prospect of sleeping rough in Hurghada would help me save money….

Its http://www.thelmandlouise.com

I've also met some fab people whilst on my travels too but then again, I make 'friends' on my daily bus home from work :roll: :lol:
Dignity comes not from control, but from understanding who you are and taking your rightful place in the world.