Estate agent

Advice, information and discussion about other parts of Egypt.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

Predator2

Estate agent

Post by Predator2 »

anyone have a list of websites for good estage agents,i woiuld prefer resales rather than off plan,also what is the best area to go for in hurghada..thanks for any help guys..

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Egypt

Post by DJKeefy »

We have our own estate agency so other agencies cant be advertised here, just make sure when searching other agencies that they have a licence to work as an estate agency, most dont have a licence.

WE DO :) www.redsea4property.com

If you cant find anything suitable, send an email to info@redsea4property.com with your requirements.
Predator2

Thanks

Post by Predator2 »

thanks,i will do.still need to know whats the best district to buy in.looking for somewhere close to the see but also to the amenities too (post office and shops etc)..
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

P2 can i be nosey and ask how many times you ahve been to Hurghada?or Egypt ?
Netyoda

Post by Netyoda »

Dahar is the original part of hurghada, I have a sea view and I'm surrounded by everything I need, though the post office isn't particularly close by (rarely use the useless thing anyway).

Sakalla is the more touristy-area, again, lots of convenience.

The south part is, in the main, residential complexes with not a lot around them.

Just my opinion, I'm a big fan of Dahar ;)
Predator2

Thanks

Post by Predator2 »

thanks guys.as for christines question.i have never been to hurghada only sharm,but i have been told that hurghada is the place to be.that's why i am asking questions before comeing out to see hurghada for myself.always a good idea to have some local knowledge in my opinion.
Susue

Post by Susue »

My favourite part of Hurghada is Al Hadaba... lived there for many years.
It's withing walking distance of Sekala (Town centre) but far enough to be quiet.
I also had a sea view..... used to love sitting on my balcony watching the boats.
Lee likes Dahar best..... I really don't like Dahar much... too far from anything.... 2 buses away from town.
Lee's done the sensible thing and got a motorbike, so, not a problem for him!
Dahar is usually a bit cheaper than the rest of Hurghada.

Can I suggest you rent for a year or so, to see if you really want to loive there?
When you first arrive, you see everything through rosy-coloured glasses...... reality takes a bit longer to set in...and properties are a lot harder to sell than to buy..... it's very much a buyers market in Hurghada right now!
Netyoda

Post by Netyoda »

Great suggestions Susue.

Predator, what did you think of Sharm? Just interested as that's where I'd originally been planning to move to.

I spent a lot of time researching my move, as I'd never been to Sharm or Hurghada and decided on Hurghada after chatting a lot on the forums here as my circumstances dictated that I needed a very cheap option.

I first visited Hurghada in December 2009 and within a week had an apartment and had it half furnished! I fell in love with the place. I do like Sakalla, but more so El Hadaba that Susue speaks of. My mate has a bar there so I tend to visit Hadaba farily frequently. There's a nice community built up around that area.

As Susue says, Dahar's quieter than Sakalla but whenever I want to hit the town I just grab a 10 LE cab up to Sakalla (15 to Villages Road) and boogie. There are clubs in Dahar but they're mainly geared towards Egyptians (music, shows etc).

It's easy to rent out here and as Susue suggested why not rent until you decide on an area? I know a german/american guy out here who's been here for 5 months and can't wait to leave! He moves in very different circles to me though.

Are you coming out alone or with a partner? Do you speak any other languages? I'm at a slight disadvantage in Dahar as there aren't many brits around here and my arabic is embryonic. There are a lots more brits in Sakalla, so that may be something to take into account, in terms of a social scene.

Sorry my ramblings are a bit disjointed, up with the dawn this morning and on my first coffee ;)
Predator2

Thanks

Post by Predator2 »

thanks lee,i know how you feel about this getting up early lark,i'm knackered myself.as for sharm i found it ok, but too small a place really,but i was only there for the diving and not the sights so i can't really comment on how it would be to live there..
Netyoda

Post by Netyoda »

Same way as I feel about Sharm ;)

I reckon you'll like Hurghada then.
Predator2

Ta

Post by Predator2 »

i'm sure we will like it in hurghada,i don't do things on a impulse i'm like yourself and do my research before commiting my self as i have much to loose if it all goes wrong.but i will be upgrading from advanced open water diver to divemaster when i get out there,then maybe i will be in a better position to get work..
Netyoda

Post by Netyoda »

Well to work in diving you have to be Divemaster as a minimum out here - best place in the world to do it :D
Predator2

Ta

Post by Predator2 »

yes it is and it's good fun too,i can't wait to get out there and start diving.ps HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

Its the nosey one back, my buddies have put forth most of the suggestions i was going to offer P2, but do learn a bit of the lingo even if its the polite bits like please thankyou goodevening that kind of thing t goes down well.
Having said that i could be preaching to the converted.
Have you considered a short stay in Hurghada before you commit,might be worth the price of a couple of tickets to get the feel of the place?
It may also be worth checking out some of Hurghada's history, not temples and such because they dont ahve any as far as i know, but t would give you an even better insight into how the place ticks?
And dont forget to post again in classified about your wifes work, as i said before im not clear on what she would need to find a nursing role in Egypt, but there will be some who do.
Keep us posted :)
Predator2

Ta

Post by Predator2 »

once again thanks for all the advise,i'm sure we will take it all in.you are right about renting before buying,that seems the best option.would still like to know if it easy to find legitimate estate agents to buy with and a reliable solicitor.
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

Lee, its 10 le maximum from Kawser/ Villages Road to Dahar but I suppose it depends on what you believe from the taxi driver :D

Predator, I moved to Hurghada in January after many visits here and I love it. I don't like Dahar but as I don't look like a tourist/foreigner its not particularly safe for me.

Kawser area is lovely, I am 30 seconds from a local supermarket and 2 mins away from Metro which has a more European feel.

I can walk up to the Mamsha and sit in a coffee shop, smoke shisha til the cows come home for 5le and walk home and feel very safe indeed.

The apartments round here are of a great standard but still affordable, I live alone and maintain myself on an average ish salary but my lifestyle is still not compromised.

I can walk to the beach, takes not even 5 minutes and I also have the advantage of having access to very frequent public transportation. 5 le gets me to the centre of Hurghada and the Marina area where I work but also where all the clubs worth going to are.

You will definitely have to visit here before making any decisions, for me, because my own background is so very similar to the Egyptian culture, I get along fine but Hurghada is a tourist town therefore if you want to live and gain a greater understanding of 'real' Egypt, it may not be for you.

If you want to live by the sea and enjoy the perks of a seaside lifestyle, then it is for you. But be warned, living here is a very subjective experience and you really have to know exactly what you want from your life. Also, yes its nice to get "local knowledge" but be careful who you are getting it from. People tend to tell you some right nonsense, you'll see this when you come over :lol: just know who you are and what you want, keep your head screwed on and you'll be fine.

I love being here, made some amazing friends and live a comfortable life but as soon as you start living here, you will tend to weed out stuff. In my opinion, the expat community here is very insular and made up of a certain type, they were never my type back home so why would I surround myself with them miles away from home??

Live and let live and all will be well.

Good luck to you, do your research, not just on-line but come and visit and spend a good while here, visit all the areas here and also the surrounding areas, make contacts but as soon as someone makes you feel uneasy walk the hell away, lots of agendas here and as soon as its known you are not a local, people will try and use you.

Sorry for the long and it may seem negative reply but you know what, when you live here, the way people behave really amazes you and theres none of this "lets stick together", you really need to be able to stand on your own and not owe anyone anything.

All the very best xxx
Dignity comes not from control, but from understanding who you are and taking your rightful place in the world.
Susue

Post by Susue »

All good advice from New Gal!
She's made the transition successfully... and with a realistic outlook.

I worked in diving in Hurghada for many years..... my intention was to be a divemaster.... but divemaster work tends to be given to Egyptians these days...... they're cheaper labour, and they generally can speak more languages.
I had to go on and become an instructor. I worked as an instructor for many years.
Non-Egyptian Instructors are more in demand.... better if you can speak another language, preferably German or Russian.
I can giude you to a couple of decent dive centres if you want me too..... I'm still in touch with a few.
There are too many dive centres in Hurghada that are bad..... and ones that will rip you off!!
Speedwing

Post by Speedwing »

Well said NG....
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

Thanks both, I just think its important for newcomers to realise its NOT all roses and doves here and that theres an army of oppurtunities and people waiting to help.

Its really not like that.

SuSue is right, the number of local divers has increased greatly and with the Egyptian aptitiude for learning languages, doesn't seem that will change. Yes there is a demand for foreign divers but, if you don't have at least Russian and/or German as well as English, you don't have much chance at all.

Even for jobs in admin / sales etc, the lack of European languages will affect you greatly, no matter how many other languages you may speak and also to be very frank, age and racial discrimination is rife as well as what I call looks discrimination lol. People here are very frank, you should be young and good looking and speak German/Russian and you're well in there.

I'm just glad I have my youth on side so it balances the lack of German/Russian skills :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dignity comes not from control, but from understanding who you are and taking your rightful place in the world.
Predator2

Ta

Post by Predator2 »

some great advise there,thank you.susue i would appreciate those contact details,i think iam going to come out alone and do an internship and obtain the instructor quals then see how it goes from there,just hope i'm not getting too old now..thanks again guys..