I really do not get some people

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

I really do not get some people

Post by CocoaButter »

What is it with people who assume just cause they live in a country that they know better ,and what is with this living in a muslim country but so anti the muslims for how they live and worship .Makes me laugh actually personaly i would give every one a ticket and send them home but hey the pubs and the resturants run by english or german that even not indian with indian resturants (how u know what a pilaou should taste like if its not cooked by an indian )same really goes for egypptian cooking ....would make the city so suffer Oh dear what has egypt become the costa del luxor on nile .
such a shame a vibrrant city and a lovely one to that ruined by booze sex and drugs and then the west moan they beiing used humilated and suckered ,and peed off with egyptian gigoloes but go back for more ,maked me laugh really .the egypt i new has gone .

Susue

Post by Susue »

I agree Cocoa....
When I lived in Hurghada it was common to sit in a coffee shop and hear ex-pats complaining about the Egyptians, and the Egyptian way of life!

WELL HELLO>>>>> you can always go back to where you came from!!!!

The influx of 'foreigners' is not always a bad thing... aslong as the "foriegners" realise the Egyptians were there first.... and it's the foreigners that need to change their way of thinking, not necessarily the Egyptians!!

Too many people move to a country without first doing the research... it's usually the ones that do the research first that tend to be the successful and happy expats.

The 2members of Resea4u that spring to mind are New Gal and Netyoda..... both spend lots of time researching and requesting info on forums... I think they'll be totally prepared to live in Egypt!!

I was 100% sure of what I was letting myself in for when I moved to Hurghada.... I did 11 trips in preparation for my move!! Not just vacationing.... but preparing and researching!!

I was fully aware of how life would be in a muslim culture... and the Egyptian way of life.... but there was still a lot to learn when I lived there!!

Hurghada Lady can probably tell you better than most.... people need to change their attitudes when in Egypt..
The old British Colonial mentality just doesn't work in Egypt!!
CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

Totaly agree SueSue,and i am not getting on at any on here someone just someone else on another place .I was in luxor and i enjoyed it so much i got family there but i do not broadcast it as its my family and i know what some people are like i think your aware of people exspecially exspats wanting to know a newbie has come in who is and what are they ,i saw it and i was on the recieving end i did not announce i was going but it leaked a freshy was back from england married with egyptian and wham bham they was decending on the hotel GODSAKE .But anyway they all i hear was moan moan moan and more moans ,if you dont like a place why live in and call it a shite hole beats me ,where ever my husband recided was of course heaven to me what was outside of the bit was just another world and i had to get on with it .
You know i hear things when i was there and my eyes shot out of the sockets Lol .
But anyway i a unhappy person but at the same time i love my family a lot .
Netyoda

Post by Netyoda »

I started reading this thread wondering what on earth had happened!

I totally agree regarding Brit ex-pats.

I lived in Southern California for 2 years and was amazed at some of the brits over ther who only associated with other brits and moaned about the food, the culture, the tv - everything really!

Now I'm back in England I have a moan about the yanks too, but on an informed basis ;) I also moan about the Brits but moaning's good fun now and then.

In Turkey there's a huge backlash begninning against the young Turks and the women they seduce whilst on their holidays, but also the huge number of eurpoean women going out there purely to pull some young Turkish blood for a week or two.

it's not a reflection on the culture - 20 years ago Spain was the one being hammered about all the young british girls being seduced by the Spanish waiters. The best parody of this ever is in the film Shirley Valentine. If you haven't seen it, do (it's a Greek waiter in that one ;))

Yes, as was kindly mentioned by Susue, I am doing a lot of research prior to coming out, but most of that, to be honest, is economic. I know Egypt will still be a huge culture shock for me but, as someone who has moved around all their life, I know I can fit into, and settle, anywhere (with the possible exception of Bristol ;))

Last time I was in Egypt I took my (ex) partner and the 4-star in Marsa Alam, whilst very good, wasn't the best I had stayed in. My partner at the time thought it was the most amazing place she had ever seen. I had no complaints with the hotel apart from the food (it was Belgian-run, with Belgian food), but the cleanliness and staff conduct was exceptional.

When I heard other guests complaining I also thought "go back to where you came from and stay in a hotel there for the same price". Different people expect different standards but unfortunately those who expect the unreasonable are often the uneducated.

Brits are particularly good at complaining, Germans are good at being rude, Russians are good at being drunken idiots ... anyone _I_ haven't offended yet?

On the obverse, Indians, Egyptians and Turks are exceptionally good at fleecing foreigners ;) That should take care of most offense ;)

Live and let live, peace on you all, I knew I shouldn't have had that last glass of red...

Lee xxxxxxxxxxxx
CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

:mrgreen: You did put a smile on my face ,your so so right on the bottom bit of your thread .
And the other is why other women married to other egyptians jealous i exsperienced it plenty ,not there is nothing to be jealous of me i am nuts:mrgreen: i saw it amongts others ,was so unusual . :?:
Netyoda

Post by Netyoda »

That's a question for women Cocoa ;)

*steps back into a safe place in the shade*
CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

Ok you got me :mrgreen:
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

Totally agree with you both cocoa and Lee, Lee course you should ahve had that other glass of red, you know what they say, the truth comes out when youre drunk.
I think people get complacent and complacencey isnt always a good thing, develope thick skin and ignore it is my advice, Lee you would fit in anywhere, you have a good way with you, and anywhere you live would be home to you because you have the insight to make it that way.
Bristol??
Netyoda

Post by Netyoda »

I lived in Bristol for a year, worked there for four.

Once thing I can't abide in life is ignorance and stupidity = Bristol ;)

lee x
CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

My auntie used to have a farm in Bristol :mrgreen: she had a big bull on it . :x
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

Lee thats 2 things but i do agree, however i feel arrogance is worse and as cocoa says so many people living the life and still jealous, what a waste of real emotion.
I think if i had to name a couple of my pet hates it would be jealousy, its so damaging whatever sex you are, and backbiting, fortunatley with me its a case of what u c is what u get, now thinking about that i guess that may not be so fortunate after all LOL
CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

Through backbiting and jealousy i lost a lot and that was from people who did not know me but mainly cause i was married to an egyptian Never again i say never again .
I hve just read another fourm and i am stunned on how these women are and even call themselves muslims its wrong and haram to backstab others even if they are completly utterly wrong ,i have learnt over time not to trust only myself and i have learnt with maturity what i should be and how i should act as a musliminah ,i am not perfect i still get manythings wrong but i wont involve myself with someone elses life even if i dont know them .
Netyoda

Post by Netyoda »

Hehe to me jealousy is a strange and sad emotion.

I've told everyone who'll listen (apart from work) that I'm moving to Egypt and I invariably get the "I'm so jealous" remark.

Then when I ask why they don't do it themselves, the range of pitiful excuses that come out make me smile.

And those that say "well I couldn't live there" - so why are they jealous then?

lee x
CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

Netyoda wrote:Hehe to me jealousy is a strange and sad emotion.

I've told everyone who'll listen (apart from work) that I'm moving to Egypt and I invariably get the "I'm so jealous" remark.

Then when I ask why they don't do it themselves, the range of pitiful excuses that come out make me smile.

And those that say "well I couldn't live there" - so why are they jealous then?

lee x
yes so true,
may i ask why you chose egypt and when you move there .
Netyoda

Post by Netyoda »

Well for years I wanted to move to the Algarve, but the ruination of the Euro has made it unviable.

I need to live a simple life on a small income, so I need a country where the cost of living doesn't require you to sell your soul to the devil every day.

Turkey was another option but on exploration the work permits out there are next-to-impossible to obtain. A foreginer, for instance, cannot work as a Dive Instructor.

Egypt I love, the people, customs and history, and it's probably one of the more westernised of the Arab nations without being ruined by it. The cost of living, the weather, the food, the people, all make me want to make my new life out there.

I know it can't go on here much longer.

Lee x
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

Lets face it most of the people who say silly things like " i couldnt live there "have probably never been further than blackpool pier in thier lives anyway lee.
Cocoa im not muslim, i just hate jealousy its nasty and as i said before it can be very very damaging to all the folk it affects because it can eat away and what may have begun as a small comment can grow, its horrible.
Many egyptians can be jealous and ive seen first hand what it can do and the trouble it can cause.
Im sorry you lost so much
CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

Netyoda wrote:Well for years I wanted to move to the Algarve, but the ruination of the Euro has made it unviable.

I need to live a simple life on a small income, so I need a country where the cost of living doesn't require you to sell your soul to the devil every day.

Turkey was another option but on exploration the work permits out there are next-to-impossible to obtain. A foreginer, for instance, cannot work as a Dive Instructor.

Egypt I love, the people, customs and history, and it's probably one of the more westernised of the Arab nations without being ruined by it. The cost of living, the weather, the food, the people, all make me want to make my new life out there.

I know it can't go on here much longer.

Lee x
I recently been back twice this year and was shocked at something that was going on there as a muslim downright discusted me .
Since i was first there long time ago it has changed i have seen some areas ok someothers not ,but i see you see as a westerners point of view of its out look and its easeyness than other arab countries ,from an arabs point of view its not changing for the better .
Netyoda

Post by Netyoda »

well to be honest I've never been to Sharm, Luxor, Alex or Cairo, so I don't know of any tourist-based stuff that's out of character.

most of my time in Egypt has been spent in Marsa Alam and El Quesir, so I don't think I've seen anything untowards :D

I'm off to bed, chat tomorrow xxx

Lee x
CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

Christine wrote:Lets face it most of the people who say silly things like " i couldnt live there "have probably never been further than blackpool pier in thier lives anyway lee.
Cocoa im not muslim, i just hate jealousy its nasty and as i said before it can be very very damaging to all the folk it affects because it can eat away and what may have begun as a small comment can grow, its horrible.
Many egyptians can be jealous and ive seen first hand what it can do and the trouble it can cause.
Im sorry you lost so much
Hi Christine nice to meet you ,it was not the Egyptians that was the problem it was the western women married to them ,only one spread of bad gossip went into chinese whispers and excalated into bad stuff to which none was true but the damage was done .Sad but true ,they not happy many of them believe me they live false and insecure lives many of them i saw this ,and some lead a wonderful life and live it with the dream and their man and do not involve themselves at all with the gossipers ,but you get one lot of sheesha smokers i call them and wham bam they hit on anything that is easy to hit and hurt and not realising the damaging effect it can have ,one has to be better than the other .And the lies that come and go of their successful time in egypt and none of its real .Beats me so i just not bother now with many and just enjoy my own time .Do you know what i did the second time i went out i told no family i was going i went as tourist and loved every minuit of it .
CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

Netyoda wrote:well to be honest I've never been to Sharm, Luxor, Alex or Cairo, so I don't know of any tourist-based stuff that's out of character.

most of my time in Egypt has been spent in Marsa Alam and El Quesir, so I don't think I've seen anything untowards :D

I'm off to bed, chat tomorrow xxx

Lee x
Good night and thankyou .