Fancy That!

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Fancy That!

Post by Hurghada Lady »

Can't remember if an egg is fresh or hard boiled? Just spin the egg. If it wobbles, it's raw. If it spins easily, it's hard boiled. A fresh egg will sink in water, a stale one will float.

Eggs contain all the essential protein, minerals and vitamins, except Vitamin C. But egg yolks are one of few foods that naturally contain Vitamin D.

The colour of the egg shell is not related to quality, nutrients, flavour, or cooking characteristics. White shelled eggs are produced by hens with white feathers and white ear lobes. Brown shelled eggs are produced by hens with red feathers and red ear lobes. Brown egg layers usually are slightly larger and require more food, thus brown eggs usually cost more than white eggs.

China produces most eggs, at about 160 billion per year. In the US, about 260 million hens produce more than 65 billion eggs per year. A hen can lay about 250 eggs per year.

An egg shell has as many as 17,000 pores over its surface.

There are 150 species of chicken.

Chicken are descendants of the red jungle fowl (gallus gallus spadiceus) that lives in Asia.

The chicken is one of the first domestic animals, appearing in China around 1400 BC.....

Horus
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Horus »

Well fancy that :) I have never seen a chicken's ears before :))) :))) :)))

Reminds me of the joke:

Sailor to pirate, "where are your buccaneers?"
Pirate, "Under my buccan hat" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Andy

Post by Andy »

Egg-citing

[flash width=200 height=40 loop=true]ad_signatures/andy.swf[/flash]
FABlux

Post by FABlux »

Egg straordinary!
Wellheld

Post by Wellheld »

WHO KNEW THIS???

I have been driving for over 20 years... I would think I should have noticed the little secret on my dashboard that was staring me in the face the whole time...I didn't...and I bet you didn't either...

Have you ever rented or borrowed a car and when arriving at the petrol station wondered...mmm, which side is the petrol filler cap?
My normal solution was to stick my head out the window, strain my neck and look, try to see in the side mirrors or even get out of the car!!!!
Well ladies and gentlemen, I'm going to share with you my little secret so you will no longer look like Ace Ventura on your way to the petrol station or put your neck at risk of discomfort or injury.

If you look at your petrol gauge, you will see a small icon of a petrol pump?
The handle of the petrol pump will extend out on either the left or right side of the petrol pump?
If your filler cap is on the left, the handle will be on the left? If your filler cap is on the right, the handle will be on the right (see photo). It is that simple!

I don't know how you feel right now but when I found out this morning I felt cheated!

WHY don't the dealers share such important information with car buyers?
I don't understand why this isn't in the Highway Code or even the car manufacturers manual??
I don't get why any mechanic I have ever been too or know has even thought of mentioning this to me??
The only possible explanation can be that all these people probably don't even know!

Go out and share the world's best kept auto secret with your friends as this is information is way too important to be kept secret.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Wellheld on Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kazza

Post by Kazza »

i never knew that i'll stop straining my neck now cos i 4 get everytime thx
Lisak

Post by Lisak »

Well, well, I'll check me car next time I get into it and let you know.
Thanks for that.
Wealth comes like a turtle and goes away like a gazelle. (Arabic proverb)
FABlux

Post by FABlux »

:oo I didn't know that? :oo Can't wait to get my car now just to check it out
Wellheld

Post by Wellheld »

Amazing isn't, no one here knew either, but one guy said his petrol cap is on the back, wonder what his petrol pump looks like!!!!
Bigken

Post by Bigken »

think i'll be checking that out in the morning as well 8)
JOJO

Post by JOJO »

Well dam me!!! Just had a read up on chickens and they do have ear lobes :) :lol: and like Hurghada Lady said the colour of their lobes does determine the color of their eggs :?
Karenh
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Karenh »

Wellhead ~ Guess what Ive just checked my car and your right ~ no more trying to remember when I go to fill up in a rush or opening the petrol cover from inside the car so I can see it in my mirror! :roll:
A day without laughter is a day wasted! :lol: ;)