Marina Hairdresser

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

Goddess

Post by Goddess »

Awww HL. Bet you were spitting mad about that!
I have a LOT of hair ..... any trip to the hairdresser brings me out in a bit of a cold sweat. I'll confess to even taking the scissors to it myself a few times :roll:

My mum asked me to cut her hair once when she was in Egypt ...... she didn't ask again, can't say I blame her! Given that she's seen what the dog looks like after I've let rip with the sharpened implements, she should have known better! :lol:

Woo Hoo!!!!! I've got a signature!
Hepzibah

Post by Hepzibah »

[face=Comic Sans MS]It's no consolation to you folks in Hurghada I know, but I've exactly the same problem here in the UK. :( I did have a super chap who knew how to treat every hair on my head with love and care, but alas his salon is about 40miles away and I don't have a car anymore. I used to be worth the drive over to him for an afternoon stroll by the sea, get my hair cut (and then sometimes have a cream tea in the New Forest on the way home. :oops: ).

I did find a local hairdresser and he was 'OK' but has now retired. When I went to visit the new people that had taken over the salon I nearly fainted when I paid. I hadn't asked for a quote but wish I had as I almost needed a bank loan to pay. :roll: So now my hair is getting longer by the day and although still healthy it is really in need of a good trim and tidy. I am getting good at cutting my own fringe nowadays though, something I would never think of tackling before.[/face]
Goddess

Post by Goddess »

Ohhhhh! Do be careful Hepzi! That's how I started on the slippery slope to lopping off hunks of my own hair.......by tittivating my fringe up a bit! Next thing you know you'll be tying it in a plait and hacking off a couple of inches!!

I'm long overdue for a hairdresser visit, but after the last jaunt when he lopped off about a foot and a half (Really not joking about that length!) I've been a tad wary! I'm hoping I can con someone up here into going and holding my hand. I'm pretty sure I'm just trying to put off the fateful moment so I can get it done in Ireland in a few months.
Hepzibah

Post by Hepzibah »

Goddess wrote:Ohhhhh! Do be careful Hepzi! That's how I started on the slippery slope to lopping off hunks of my own hair.......by tittivating my fringe up a bit! Next thing you know you'll be tying it in a plait and hacking off a couple of inches!!
[face=Comic Sans MS]Well it is just about long enough to plait now, and at the rate it's growing I'll be doing Rapunzel impersonations by Christmas! I have been thinking that if I wash it, bend over so that it it's all flopping and falling foward, I may be able to cut an inch or so off the length. Problem is I'd probably faint from lack of breath before I'd got very far. :roll: :oops:

So Hurghada ladies, I'm not hijacking your thread, I am very much in sympathy with you. Actually, there are a number of threads on the greenside from ladies resident in Luxor, and they all have the same complaint too. :( :) [/face]
FABlux

Post by FABlux »

Well maybe we should organise a haircutting session when you come to the L4U meet. I'm sure Keefy could provide a venue & Helen could get a production (or REduction) line going ;)
Semsema

Post by Semsema »

It seems to be a universal problem, us ladies and our hair.

As for putting all your hair forward and then lopping it, an Egyptian 'stylist' did that to mine. One side was below my bust, the other was above. She then said 'good?'. I could have cried.

So what are we Hurghada ladies going to do? I am sure we are all the same like our hair to be nice.
A day without Sunshine is like a night without Stars.
P666ats

Post by P666ats »

When i went to uk in august for my daughters wedding my hair was bra length so i had it cut into a lovely shoulder length bob. On my return i went straight to the hairdresser (Danielle) espalada and said this is how i want my hair cut from now on, she had a good look and said how nice it was. Then she got marrielle to have a look and she said oh no problem. I asked her to trim it as it really didnt need a cut but thought while the shape is there she cant go wrong... big mistake she chopped at the back and then used a razor, my hair was a short bob that went up at the back and down at the front :x I said i am not posh bloody spice its to short and all she said was it will grow nice :evil: . I went home and looked at iy properly and noticed it was longer one side than the other so had to get my friend to fix it as it was noticable. They dont have a clue and just get chop happy. x
Semsema

Post by Semsema »

Yes that is their stock answer. It will grow nice. Just like the highlights/lowlights are 'nice'. No offence to any ladies who have their hair like that, but if it is not what you want, they should take a telling.

I think we should give a prize to the first lady in Hurghada who finds a hairdresser who cuts and colours as you want it. :)
A day without Sunshine is like a night without Stars.
Goddess

Post by Goddess »

I feel like I have to say a word in defense of my Egyptian hairdresser ..... just because I made him sound like he does whatever he likes (He does .. but that's not my point!) Even though he does whatever he likes, whether it was how I wanted it or not; I have never been dissatisfied with the cut and style.
He does exactly the same to my mum and my mums friend too; and we've just learned that sometimes he really does know best and it looks fantastic at the end, it's just a bit fraught when it's in the processing stages. (My mum bless her, has it worse - he picks her colour too!)
Nearly every time I go I have a moment of complete panic and I find myself with just a whole string of swearwords going round my head (why don't I verbalise them? You may well ask! Us ladies all just seem to sit in the chair and keep our gobs closed and hope for the best and then chunter about it later on.
Admittedly, my last haircut scared the living daylights out of me. Losing a foot and a half in one fell swoop was a huge blow. BUT, on saying that I had got into a horrible rut that my hair was actually tooooo long so all I could do with it was a French plait. After the big choparoo I wore my hair free for the first time in years, and haven't looked back since.
So why am I panicking if my haircuts all work out well in the end?? :?
Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Hurghada Lady »

I went to a hairdresser in Luxor years ago in Cleopatra Street, she couldnt speak a word of English. I asked her to colour and trim my hair, showed her the colour and like an idiot tried to tell her that I did like the bright orange but no way would I have it! Unfortunately, I got it !!! She completely misunderstood and I ended up bright orange......and I mean BRIGHT. I was gobsmacked when I saw it, I told her it didn't look right but she insisted it did, I pointed out my very dark eyebrows, she said no problem and promptly got an orange lipstick out and put it all over my eyebrows! :x
Goddess

Post by Goddess »

Bloody Hell HL!!!
Did you go home like Bobo the clown? Or did you get it rectified a tad??

Really trying hard not to laugh .......

But I give up :snig:
Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Hurghada Lady »

I tried to rub the orange lipstick off, which really just smudged and got worse, then I got a taxi rather quickly, shuffled down low on the back street. As soon as I got home I sent a friend to the pharmacy to buy a hair colour and coloured it again myself, needless to say it then came out like cotton wool :x
Horus
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Horus »

Goddess wrote:Bloody Hell HL!!!
Did you go home like Bobo the clown? Or did you get it rectified a tad??

Really trying hard not to laugh .......

But I give up :snig:
:))) :))) :))) What are you like Goddess :lol: :lol: :lol: