Thought for the day

A light-hearted section of Jokes - Text Games - Only In Egypt Photos and Videos - Brainteasers and General Fun Stuff to while away the spare minutes of your day.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’ll be a mile away and you’ll have their shoes

Image Image
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

Nanny Ogg wrote:
New Gal wrote:Nanny Ogg, nice to see you here and LizK, welcome to you too!
Well it seems much more welcoming on this side, get fed up of the sarky comments on the blue side! Dont know why we cant all play nicely, its like being back at schooll! :lol:
Its def nicer on this side, the absence of certain personalities ensures that, as soon as they come over, that’s me gone off here too!
Dignity comes not from control, but from understanding who you are and taking your rightful place in the world.
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

Welcome Nanny ogg and LSK good to see you here, NG no you will not be driven off of here you will rise above it and do as the rest of us do honey read em then ahve a quiet little chuckle to yourself , after all thats all a lot of it merits you know that!!
And anyway i would miss you :)
Christine
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by Christine »

Thought for the day
As my dooberry (i like that word) says
You get out of life what you are prepared to put in. :)
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

Aww hun :oops:

You're too good to me :bl:

Anyway, back to topic, heres my thought for the day:

In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different :D
Dignity comes not from control, but from understanding who you are and taking your rightful place in the world.
Nanny Ogg

Post by Nanny Ogg »

Yes we will all miss you NG!

and thanks Christine, I usually have a laugh at what's said and can usually predict how most are gonna react to a thread and that makes me chuckle even more, i would hate to be that predictable!

My thought for today

courage does not always roar sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "i will try again tomorrow"

fitting for my day today i feel!
Susue

Post by Susue »

CocoaButter wrote:Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’ll be a mile away and you’ll have their shoes

Lol... I love it!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here's my favourite...

Don't take life too seriously because there's no way you'll come out of it alive!!
Netyoda

Post by Netyoda »

I noticed a certain amount of friction from/towards certain members on the blue side

Here's my thought:

I'm pink, therefore I'm spam
CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

Netyoda wrote:I noticed a certain amount of friction from/towards certain members on the blue side

Here's my thought:

I'm pink, therefore I'm spam
Hostility more like it .
Image Image
CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

(Love is friendship set on fire.)
Image Image
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

What you feed your mind with will rule your life

8)
CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

No, it means they have a vested interest in keeping us blissfully ignorant.
Image Image
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

CocoaButter wrote:No, it means they have a vested interest in keeping us blissfully ignorant.
:roll: :roll: That’s why we need to be selective
CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

New Gal wrote:
CocoaButter wrote:No, it means they have a vested interest in keeping us blissfully ignorant.
:roll: :roll: That’s why we need to be selective
:roll: :roll:
Image Image
CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

Nothing in the set of statements you made equates power with non-bliss. (I'm not saying it is also bliss, but you're asking for a mathematical-like ratio answer without giving apples to apples factors.)
Image Image
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings.
CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

.intelligence is the basis while ambition is the precursor to pursuits...

...so likewise the bird is the basis...but without its wings it cannot "fly" and continue to pursue and materialise the ambitions...
Image Image
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

CocoaButter wrote:.intelligence is the basis while ambition is the precursor to pursuits...

...so likewise the bird is the basis...but without its wings it cannot "fly" and continue to pursue and materialise the ambitions...
I’m not even going to pretend I understand half of what you write so I’ll ignore that. I’m getting sick of you commenting on all my posts in a negative and / or contradictory manner.

This isn’t like the other forums and we’re a friendly bunch. I for one intend to keep it like that so I expect this to stop ASAP.
CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

New Gal wrote:
CocoaButter wrote:.intelligence is the basis while ambition is the precursor to pursuits...

I’m not even going to pretend I understand half of what you write so I’ll ignore that. I’m getting sick of you commenting on all my posts in a inegative and / or contradictory manner.

This isn’t like the other forums and we’re a friendly bunch. I for one intend to keep it like that so I expect this to stop ASAP.
i am sorry you feel that way but i felt it the same way so touche ..so maybe we crossed our wires and i got it from the quote you done and tried to answer it anyway i no u dont like me u made it quite clear .maybe you will win this cause they will stick by you you been here and of course ur going to live in the red sea ,but i have made me feel well not liked anyway and well i prefer now not to even u know u u have always been tryed to be one up on me i dont care i am only here cause this seems a good forum but oh well here we go just like the blue forum
Image Image
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

Firstly, I don't intend to 'win' anything as I don't play games.

Secondly, I have never made any negative or derogatory comments towards you so thats your paranoia speaking and

Thirdly, this isn't going to be like any other forum as I intended to nip this in the bud by stating what I had to in a direct and clear manner.

End of issue.