Diving Port Ghalab

Share your experiences, tips and advice of diving and snorkeling in the Red Sea.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

Dolphindiver

Diving Port Ghalab

Post by Dolphindiver »

Hi to everyone.
I have just finished 6 days diving at Port Ghalab Marsa alam, diving with Emperor diverrs at the Coral beach dive hotel. my main reasion for being there was to do a CCR course, however i can highly recommend Emperor divers for there well organised and friendy operation, the staff are highly professional putting the wel lfair and safety of the divers first while looking to give the best diving possibl. The hotel is of a good standard, the rooms are a good size with enough room for the dive bags and all the rest of the bits & pieces that we seem to take with us. The food is not 5 star standed but it is not a 5 star hotel, at dinner there is plenty of choice and of a good standard. The only down side to the whole thing is that there is no where to go, once you are in the hotel you are in. Port Ghalab is in a development stage so there is no night life ie discos, night clubs. Drinks in the hotel are a little on the high side, beer 23LE, bottle of wine (local) around 150LE. Over all I would recommend the diving/hotel package. As far as the dive sites go they are, in general, in good condition, not vast amounts of fish but it is possible to see Turtles, and reef sharks (if you are lucky).

Spike

Post by Spike »

Sounds really good, just for the chance of Sharks alone!

Beer is a bit steep though.