Nostradamus

Egypt has both Christian and Moslem communities and the politics of the Middle East are equally diverse. Air your views on the situation.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Nostradamus

Post by New Gal »

Wow, quiet in here too lol.

Okay then, well, heres a question, can someone like Nostradamus be considered a prophet?

What traits should prophets have?

Answers on the red side....

:D

Dignity comes not from control, but from understanding who you are and taking your rightful place in the world.
Horus
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Horus »

Well I would say that the first qualification of a prophet would be to foretell of a future event that actually happened. So depending upon your personal viewpoint, there are many people like myself who cannot think of an actual example of such a thing. I do not mean the vagaries of someone saying things such as "the anointed one will come" act. as I don't consider those sort of things to be a prophesy, more like an encouragement to others to fill the said roll, if you say it often enough then some event or person will appear in history to fit the event. Nostrademus is a classic example of this, he makes up quatrains of verse that don't mean much, and in fact most of it is unfathomable rubbish. But every so often a verse can be manipulated to fit a prediction, a good example is the following one:

Beasts wild with hunger shall cross the rivers:
Most of the fighting shall be close by the Hister,
It shall result in the great one being dragged in an iron cage,
While the German shall be watching over the infant Rhine.

This is often quoted as him refering to Hitler and WWII with Germany.
Nothing could be further from the truth, if he had meant Hitler, he would have written Hitler. What he writes is 'Hister' which is the old name for the river Danube and along with the Rhine they formed the old Roman empire frontier and it was merely a reference to the power struggles of the time.
The 'Great one' is in all probability a Sultan who was captured by the Mongol ruler Tamberlane and displayed all over Asia in an iron cage. All these events happened in the 14th century.