Moderators On This Topic

Find a selection of household tips and recipes for Egyptian Foods.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

Chocolatey

Moderators On This Topic

Post by Chocolatey »

I find it strange that HL is a moderator in the kitchen section - I don't think people will need advice on how to boil a kettle.

Has she ever advised anyone on cooking

Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Hurghada Lady »

I didn't realise that I was a moderator on here, can't believe anyone would be stupid enough to make me one on this section, trust you to notice that Choccie :lol:
Goddess

Re: Moderators On This Topic

Post by Goddess »

Chocolatey wrote:I find it strange that HL is a moderator in the kitchen section - I don't think people will need advice on how to boil a kettle.

Has she ever advised anyone on cooking
:lol:

Awww! Bless!

:lol:

I can hardly talk ... I set Pasta alight this week. Made a change from exploding eggs though!
Woo Hoo!!!!! I've got a signature!
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

Erm... have to ask, how do you make eggs explode or set pasta on fire???
Dignity comes not from control, but from understanding who you are and taking your rightful place in the world.
Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Hurghada Lady »

I have made another discovery this morning........I have been grilling everything I have put in the oven!!!
Goddess

Post by Goddess »

New Gal wrote:Erm... have to ask, how do you make eggs explode or set pasta on fire???
With great talent, NG, with great talent!!

(Really I have a nasty habit of putting things on to cook and forget all about them for several hours!)

HL - were you supposed to be grilling everything you put in the oven or have you made a bit of a booby?? :lol:
New Gal
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by New Gal »

Oh god, when I’m cooking, I’m obsessed with the dish and cant sit still until its perfect, the more complex the dish the better!
Dignity comes not from control, but from understanding who you are and taking your rightful place in the world.
Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Hurghada Lady »

Bit of a booby Goddess, didn't put my glasses on to look at the dials until this morning then notices a big fan and a little fan :oops:
Hurghadapat

Post by Hurghadapat »

Not wishing to be rude HL but whats fans got to do with grilling or using oven :roll: and you've just told me you know how to use oven ;) Think it's time i came back and gave some lessons maybe. :)
Always keep your words soft and sweet just in case you have to eat them
Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Hurghada Lady »

On the dials of the oven there is a big fam small fan and then a square with a wiggly line on the top......I have been putting it to the wiggly line. This morning with my glasses on I noticed the fans so tried them out, a fan started at the back of the oven, the wiggly line put the bars at the top of the oven on!

So you see I can get this one working which is more than I could do with the other one!

I think you should come back and open a Pate shop :)
Hurghadapat

Post by Hurghadapat »

Oh really and are you going to guarantee my custom not everyone likes pate without lumps in ;) but could do the sunday lunches again ;) ;)
Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Hurghada Lady »

Now thats another good idea! Anyway what are you doing on this topic you are supposed to be on the Low Purine topic for 14 recipes for my dogs LOL :)
Hurghadapat

Post by Hurghadapat »

Yes but i didn't realise that i was doing an a la carte for the dogs and do you really want to be rolling pastry and so on for the dogs,try them on fish and rice with veg,we used to go to the market in Dahar and buy meat and fish for kenzie but to keep them on a purine diet think will be pretty boring for them,i know you worried in case you have the same problem with them but not all dalmations inherit this problem so stop worrying and just enjoy the time with them otherwise you will miss so much.OK ;)
Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Hurghada Lady »

I can't I am paranoid with them now, I am actually bending over watching them all wee, to see if its the right colour, a long wee or just a trickle :oops:
Chocolatey

Post by Chocolatey »

speechless !!!!
Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Hurghada Lady »

Thats a change Choccie LOL :lol:
Goddess

Post by Goddess »

I'd buy your pate too HP - gagging for the stuff! :D

And now I really am confused! So the low purine diet really was for the ickle doggies?!
Mine had spaghetti bolognese last night with grated cheese on top - was that good for them or not??
Ebikatsu

Post by Ebikatsu »

Is the Purina range of kibble free of Purine? Maybe you could find out and use that.

Here is a good reply to the problem.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 713AAsutbE

I thought it was for you!!! :lol: not the dogs!
Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Egypt

Post by Hurghada Lady »

I have the puppies on Purina puppy and Daniel on Adult Purina, they will eat it at a push, hence the chicken and pasta which they are also fed up with.

I can't work out what to give, I have read that article you sent, but she doesnt have stone forming dogs. Saying that I don't know if these three are stone forming, Jack ate the same as Daniel, Daniel is ok but of course my poor Jack died. I have read page after page after page and they all seem to contradict one another. Some say poultry is bad another says it's ok, some say dried food is ok others say no it's high in protein, I don't know whether I am coming or going and am terrified it will happen again.
Hurghadapat

Post by Hurghadapat »

Come on HL please don't get paranoid about it almost all pedigree dogs have in herit problems but that does not mean every one of them will inherit it.Stop worrying and enjoy the time with them,i know it is not easy to find the right diet for them in egypt but just think how many dalmations survive on a normal diet.Just as an after thought do you give a much thought to Mr.HL's diet ;)