If leaves fall from a tree ?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

If leaves fall from a tree ?

Post by CocoaButter »

If leaves from a tree in your yard fall into a next door neighbors yard. Do youtdaohave to rake them or does the neighbour?
I clean mine uptoday only to be subjected to more come with in the hour ,but mine fall into hers and hers into mine ,but she thinks i should clean hers up .But she never cuts her bush on her side .. :?:

Image Image
Susue

Post by Susue »

Cocoa.... as far as I know, each person is responsible for their own yard... regardless where the leaves come from....
BUT....
If you've got bushes overhanging onto your property, you're entitledt o cut them to your property line level.

I wouldn't start a war over the leaves.... it's only a couple of weeks a year...!! :)
CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

Susue wrote:Cocoa.... as far as I know, each person is responsible for their own yard... regardless where the leaves come from....
BUT....
If you've got bushes overhanging onto your property, you're entitledt o cut them to your property line level.

I wouldn't start a war over the leaves.... it's only a couple of weeks a year...!! :)
She is not me i clean mine up she never does ,thought me just ask you seee ,what me gona do is take a pic of me hedge and show a pic of her side and show who is moaning and thats not me ..I should really its an eye saw in summer .Stupid woman anyway lives with the invisible man the man i seem to allucinate hearing :mrgreen:
Image Image
Hurghadapat

Post by Hurghadapat »

I am lucky with one of my neighbours trees that overhangs my garden as it is an apple tree with huge apples and most of them fall in my garden so more than happy to clear them up :) :) and on the other side of garden i have a cherry tree which over hangs so pick all the cherries on my side this is my payment for sweeping their leaves up ;)
Always keep your words soft and sweet just in case you have to eat them
Horus
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Horus »

The legal position in the UK would be that the leaves are a seasonal thing and we all get our share, so nothing much you can do about it.
Cutting back an overhanging tree or bush is a bit more complicated, you have a right to cut back any overhanging braches to your property line, but......... you must not keep the branches as this could be deemed as theft. :) You should always put the cut branches back over your neighbors fence unless you have a prior agreement to dispose of them.

When cutting back any offending branches the law says that you should not do it in a manner that would damage or kill the tree. The best way of dealing with this type of nuisance if it cannot be settled amicably is to involve your local council and get them to act on your behalf.