Diving with Dolphins

Share your experiences, tips and advice of diving and snorkeling in the Red Sea.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Diving with Dolphins

Post by CocoaButter »

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This looks wonderful .

Image Image
Netyoda

Post by Netyoda »

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Susue

Post by Susue »

Thanks for posting guys... a couple of awesome videos!!

Cocoa's video...... This dolphin is unusual!! Although dolphins like interacting with humans (I've had some great dives with dolphins) they don't usually like being touched.... and will often swim away if touched!!
The first thing I told my students was don't ever try to touch the dolphins!
They guy in this video was extraordinary!!

Lee's video... I'm sure thgs divesite was El Fanus in Hurghada.... I recognise the landmarks.... and dolphins often go there.

I loved these 2 videos!! :)
CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

When we was in Marine land daughter got to touch but it was for therapy very rubbery but at the same time beautiful .
They bring so much warmth to a human being especially a child with problems at one time in communicating ,but all is well there now Insha .
Yes lovely video Netyoda i enjoyed watching this one as well ,my little wee one now is getting over excited ,must warn her though she might not see but i leave that to fate .
Image Image
Netyoda

Post by Netyoda »

Hi Cocoa,

There's just as much chance of seeing them when snorkelling as there is when diving, so even if she can't dive she could still be in the water with them, as can you.

Lee
Hurghadapat

Post by Hurghadapat »

Truly magnificent creatures and swear that one being touched was thoroughly enjoying it as had such a look of bliss on it's face :)
Always keep your words soft and sweet just in case you have to eat them
CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

Yes i am looking at a package now ,i am thinking of her doing some lessons in january to get used to under water .Shes water mad i got a video of her in her mermaid flippers in the pool and she was known as the luxor mermaid :mrgreen:
@Suesue or anyone lives in or round the area when we visit for the day ,how as a muslim woman are you allowed to dive or snorkle i dont show hair or body ???i only let the girl last time in shallow waters i just waded in while she snorkled in the red sea.I like to do this time just snorkle
Image Image
Hurghadapat

Post by Hurghadapat »

You will have to wear the egytian swimming gear have seen it in Hurghada but for the life of me can't think what you call it but it will cover all of your body,have a look on the internet and also someone posted a photo on the blue side somewhile ago. :)
Always keep your words soft and sweet just in case you have to eat them
CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

Hurghadapat wrote:You will have to wear the egytian swimming gear have seen it in Hurghada but for the life of me can't think what you call it but it will cover all of your body,have a look on the internet and also someone posted a photo on the blue side somewhile ago. :)
Thankyou .
Gosh it show me doughnut side :oops:
Image Image
CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

Do not think this is going to happen now :(
does she snorkle above water with the dolphins ,she dont need to go under the water ,if this is so then nah have to let this idea go . :cry:
Image Image
Netyoda

Post by Netyoda »

Hi Cocoabutter,

It depends on the dolphins - if they do decide to appear then they're just as likely to come and play with you on the surface as down below.

When I went to Dolphin House I think the dolphins had taken the day off, as we didn't get even a glimpse of them. Another tourist, however, showed us her video of the day before when she'd been snorkelling and they were everywhere!

It's purely a matter of luck and I hope the dolphins are home when you go to visit.

Regards,

Lee
CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

Netyoda wrote:Hi Cocoabutter,

It depends on the dolphins - if they do decide to appear then they're just as likely to come and play with you on the surface as down below.

When I went to Dolphin House I think the dolphins had taken the day off, as we didn't get even a glimpse of them. Another tourist, however, showed us her video of the day before when she'd been snorkelling and they were everywhere!

It's purely a matter of luck and I hope the dolphins are home when you go to visit.

Regards,

Lee
hi thanx for reply what i mean it may not happen we may not be going diving now all depends on some issuies .
Image Image
CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

Suesue i found this as i was looking ,as all goes well ,me and zulie will be going back to see how our shops are doing and the apartments . but in that time we want to go diving in redsea so it means travelling maybe doing a week out there so canyou tell me what this place is like and is it child friendly exspecially with special needs thanx ....
http://www.funnydivers.com/
Image Image
Susue

Post by Susue »

CocoaButter wrote:Suesue i found this as i was looking ,as all goes well ,me and zulie will be going back to see how our shops are doing and the apartments . but in that time we want to go diving in redsea so it means travelling maybe doing a week out there so canyou tell me what this place is like and is it child friendly exspecially with special needs thanx ....
http://www.funnydivers.com/

Hi Cocoa.....
If I were taking your daughter diving, this is probably not the place I'd pick.
They're a small dive centre..... their boats go out of a busy harbour.... not from the dive centre. This tells me they're probably not the best place for her. Also, they're affiliated to too many organisations,(PADI,NAUI,CMAS,SSI.... )not a good thing!!
They're probably cheap..... but I'd go for somewhere more professional.
I'd maybe recommend Emperor, Dive Point, Easy Divers. Their staff are all totally professional.... and more importantly....STICK TO PADI STANDARDS... especially important for your little one!!
Dive centres with high number of Egyptian divemasters and instructors are never the best..... go for a European centre.... with European staff.
Emperor would probably be my first choice.
Also....make sure you have a letter from your doctor saying she's fit to dive.... as health issues come up in the forms you have to fill in.
If a dive centre doesn't ask you to fill in a health questionnaire.....walk away immediately!
Also..... most cheaper centres offer an "Intro Dive". This is definitely to be shied away in your case... Funny Divers offers Introduction dives....... really not a good thing!!
A divemaster takes 2 or 3 total beginners at once, for their 'first ever dive'. Usually without any proper instruction or training.... just a very short briefing. They would be totally unequipped to deal with any situation, if they were to get a problem, or a panicked beginner underwater.
My suggestion would be to do a "Discover Scuba Diving" course at Emperor or somewhere else I recommend.
This is a whole day.... first, one-on-one teaching of all the basics and safety procedures..... then diving with a qualified instructor.... NOT A DIVEMASTER.... first in a pool or very shallow lagoon.... then in the sea, off a boat.
There are far too many bad dive centres in Hurghada, where money is more important than basic safety.
A good centre will charge you more.... but in diving, you really get what you pay for!! But..... she's been wanting to dive for so long..... we want it to be a positive experience.... nit a nightmare!!

If you've got any doubts, contact me before you go... and we can discuss it further.
CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

Thanx for this , all i know is just as we think its ok to book we will booking a flight out ,because we cannot plan as you know .its go on the spot .We went to a carbootsale and she found a complete wet suit to fit her Lol i must take a pic of what she looks like in it ,funny :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Anyway i have bookmarked what you have said and looking ,thanx again . ;)
Image Image