'**** Hitler' Says Churchill's Old Bird

Reporting and discussing local, national and international news items.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

'**** Hitler' Says Churchill's Old Bird

Post by CocoaButter »

Winston Churchill's bulldog spirit lives on in unusual form 39 years after his death.The British wartime leader's faithful companion, Charlie the parrot, is still squawking out anti-Hitler jibes at the grand old age of 104.

Charlie is a Blue and Gold Macaw
Thanks to Churchill's patient tutelage, herfavourite curses remain "**** Hitler" and "**** the Nazis".
Churchill bought Charlie in 1937 and she took pride of place among his varied array of animals ranging from lambs and swans to a leopard.
The Blue and Gold Macaw is believed to be Britain's oldest bird, reports the Daily Mirror, with her present owners claiming they can prove she is at least 104.
Charlie was bought by Peter Oram for his pet shop in 1965 after Churchill died but he had to remove her to his home after she kept swearing at children.
For the last 12 years she has lived at Mr Oram's garden centre in Reigate, Surrey.
Centre worker Sylvia Martin told the newspaper: "If truth be told, Charlie is looking a little scruffy but she is very popular with the public. We are all very attached to her."

Image Image
Jayway
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Lovely to see that CocoaButter - thankyou and good luck - -
CocoaButter
V.I.P
V.I.P

Post by CocoaButter »

:| :roll:
Image Image