Cleaning Company

Post details here of scams you have discovered or hassles you have experienced.
10+ posts are required to post in this section.

Moderators: 4u Network, DJKeefy

Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Cleaning Company

Post by Hurghada Lady »

We have a cleaning company in Hurghada, that has been going for a long time, I am not sure how the woman is still in business. The company should be called Clean and Clear you out. I used this company for a couple of years due to the fact that I couldn't find anyone else to do the cleaning.

My husband always throws his money in his bedside drawer under all his paperwork every night. We have always stayed in the villa as they are cleaning, but while they were cleaning the bedroom they stole 500 Euros out of the drawer. They have obviously been stealing from there for some time but we have not noticed, we didn't think for one minute that they would be going through drawers considering we were in the villa, especially since they must be lifting the paperwork out to find the money underneath.

I phoned the woman who owns the company but her attitude was appalling, she called me a liar and said it was just a story. I told her that I would report it to the police and her answer to that was, "if you can allow your conscience to do that, knowing what the boys would be put through then do it".

I have spoken to many people about the company and have heard so many stories the same as mine. One lady had hidden her money in her knicker drawer, thinking they wouldn't rummage around in there, but they did and stole her money also. The company has a terrible reputation and should be avoided at all cost's.

DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by DJKeefy »

And the name of this company is ?
Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Hurghada Lady »

Clean and Clear !
Horus
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Horus »

If what you say is true then that is dreadful :) You have to have absolute trust in anyone who you allow into your home on that sort of basis.
DJKeefy
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by DJKeefy »

Hurghada Lady wrote:Clean and Clear !
:lol: I thought that's what you wanted to call them :lol:

OK im with it now :)
Semsema

Post by Semsema »

That is awful Hurghadalady. As you quite rightly say, considering you were in the Villa at the time you would have thought they could be trusted. I would personally think that they are quite accomplished thieves and have done this to many people.

What on earth did that woman mean - if your conscience allows it! It is not your conscience that should be bothered, but hers. She is obviously not carrying out any sort of reference checks on her staff.

Did you report them? I know it can be difficult to be believed here. A friend of mine was cycling along when her mobile phone, which she had on a chain round her neck was grabbed. When she reported it, she was told she was only trying to claim from her insurance company. She had lived here for over 5 years at that time!
A day without Sunshine is like a night without Stars.
Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Hurghada Lady »

Horus wrote:If what you say is true then that is dreadful :) You have to have absolute trust in anyone who you allow into your home on that sort of basis.

The money was brought home straight from a customer still in it's band from the bank, my husband had counted it and put it in the drawer ready to pay into our bank the next day. Nobody else came to the villa and we didn't leave the villa. The following day the only people that came to the villa were the cleaners and we were downstairs. The cleaners came downstairs and I went upstairs, I noticed they had not finished cleaning, there were cups on the bedside cabinets that normally would have been taken down to be washed and put away, neither had the dusting been done in our bedroom. I knew they had not hoovered downstairs yet, so I shouted to my husband to send them back upstairs to finish the bedroom properly, he shouted back that they had said they had finished and gone already. I was annoyed because they hadn't hoovered and only done half a job upstairs. My husband came upstairs to have a shower and get ready to go out to meet his workers, he finished getting ready, took the money out of the drawer and started to count it to put the majority in the bank but leave an amount for him to buy some materials for building. He asked me if I had taken any money from the drawer I said no, he counted again, he searched the drawer and then counted again. He then said he thought one of the cleaners had stolen one of the bank notes from the bundle. This would be the reason why they had not finished the cleaning upstairs or hoovered downstairs, they had made a sharp exit with the money.

The amount of people I have told about this, have said the same has happened to them, it is unbelievable that the company is still going, a diver here lost a large amount of money and the owner (who I think is an Italian Lady) also called him a liar. She actually sent a letter out to all her customers saying she would not be held responsible, for her to do this it must be happening on a regular basis.
Goddess

Post by Goddess »

Oh No!
That's awful HL.

Sadly it seems to happen such a lot here too - although the thefts up here are normally by the maids. In a couple of cases they have worked for the person for a number of years and been well looked after by being well paid and being given all sorts of things to take home with them - such as clothes, electricals and all sorts.
One ladies maid stole her ring - and was brazen enough to wear it to work the next day! (She claimed it was her own - but how many pentagram rings have you ever seen in Egypt??!!)

I hope you warn any one else that you can find that are using this company - at least if they chose to still use them, they can lock personal stuff away.

Can't believe the cheek of the woman! Conscience indeed!
Woo Hoo!!!!! I've got a signature!
Hurghada Lady
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Hurghada Lady »

The money was well hidden Goddess, you would have to get the whole of the papers out to find it. It's all very well locking up valuables, I consider everything I have valuable, if it's all locked up there is nothing to clean !
Spike

Post by Spike »

This is terrible and damn right disgusting.

Your right though, why should you have to lock your valuables up in your own home... It would not feel like home if you had to think about where you leave your precious things.
Goddess

Post by Goddess »

I agree - and it defeats the object of having a cleaner in if you can't trust them.

All you can do is try and find someone that you can trust a bit and hope for the best. One elderly lady kept her Sterling cash in the wardrobe, locked, but left the key in the door. And the maid still stole it. She never heard from her cleaner either as she skedaddled pretty fast after the crime. But the worst thing was, this little old lady started to doubt herself into thinking she must have been mistaken.
Another lady had all her gold stolen - and she had a LOT of gold.

One lady up here keeps her bedroom door locked when the maid comes - she said it's best to take away the temptation, even if it does mean she still has to clean that room herself.

I only know one couple that have a completely honest cleaner. She's in big demand and has a long queue of people hoping that her employers will up sticks and leave so they can snaffle her!

One trick that the maids up here used to do - was stick something in the study litter bin (or any bin that isn't often used) and leave it there for a week - if anyone asked for it, a search would be conducted and it would be 'found' If no one noticed - it would be 'thrown out' with the litter.

I don't have a cleaner - not that I wouldn't like one - but my Evil Dog would never stand for it! So I have to clean up myself and I hate it!
Woo Hoo!!!!! I've got a signature!